Our Research Reports provide detailed insight into the core technologies and IT issues most important to Interop attendees. We surveyed our audience and the readers of InformationWeek, Network Computing, and Dark Reading, then produced comprehensive reports examining the challenges IT leaders are facing and the strategies they are implementing to achieve success.
IT Salary Survey: Opportunities in a Post-COVID Era
What a difference a year makes. Last year US IT professionals were reaping the rewards of a strong business environment. Today IT professionals are coming off one of the most turbulent years in memory driven by the COVID-19 pandemic and the economic fallout of that crisis. How has all this impacted IT salaries? Did IT workers get a raise amid the chaos?
Here's what you need to know so that you can plan your next career steps and maximize your salary.
2020 State of AI
Where are today's organizations when it comes to actual implementation of artificial intelligence? What are some of the top use cases? How does your enterprise compare with others, in general, and in your industry? InformationWeek, together with Interop and ITPro Today surveyed hundreds of IT professionals to answer these questions and more.
Download the 2020 State of AI report to learn more about how organizations are using AI.
2020 IT Salary Survey Report
Now is the time for you to create a new plan by evaluating what you earn, what you are worth, and where you want to grow. Download this report to help evaluate your value and worth in the IT professional job market for 2020.
The 2020 IT Salary report reveals:
- IT professionals' compensation in 2019
- Details of the gender pay gap
- Effects of outsourcing on IT
2020 State of Infrastructure
Key Trends, Buying Patterns, and a Look Ahead
- Key trends around overall spending
- Impacts on workforces
- Investment in innovation
State of Emerging Technology
Many of today's organizations would like to implement the latest technology such as AI, but they face barriers such as lack of funding, management buy-in, and provable return on investment.
This report explores:
- The appeal of emerging technologies tends to be tied to an organization's particular industry, for instance, 3D printing is of great interest in the medical industry, but not so much in other industries.
- Practical interest in AI is strong in two areas that are key to corporate performance: increasing operational efficiency and improving the quality of customer interaction.
- The top barriers to adopting emerging technologies are lack of funds, skills shortage, a desire to see proven success, and management's resistance to change.
Get State of Emerging Tech Report
State of IT
The role of IT continues to change as new technologies and business models emerge. In addition to keeping systems up and running, IT must facilitate digital transformation and enable modern forms of competitive advantage.
This report explores:
- The deficits in IT spending and the effects on an organization’s ability to meet its goals
- The balance of containing IT costs while achieving business success
- The challenges that prevent IT from innovating
- How IT innovation is tied – or not tied – to financial incentives
- IT purchasing plans do not necessarily include the most-hyped technology trends (IoT, AI, DevOps, containers, software-defined infrastructure)
State of Infrastructure
Successful companies invest in the future, and the future of many companies is digital. As they build tomorrow's digital businesses, IT leaders say they will have to overcome challenges including cost constraints, a skills gap, and data security requirements.
But the single greatest factor driving change in IT infrastructure is the rapid growth of data and data storage technology, fueled by initiatives in big data, Internet of Things, and data analytics. Find out how IT organizations are responding to increased demands for storing and managing data, along with:
- Overall IT infrastructure purchase plans
- Drivers and inhibitors to infrastructure modernization
- Data center technology plans
- Networking and wireless investments
Get State of Infrastructure Report
State of IoT
A vast majority of organizations are investigating and investing in IoT technology - but they are doing it slowly and cautiously. They are still figuring out how to secure IoT devices and how IoT deployments might help improve their business. Download this report to explore:
- Status of companies' IoT initiatives
- The top IoT products/services being produced
- Major obstacles to IoT adoption
- Which industries will benefit most from IoT
State of DevOps
As adoption of DevOps increases, IT leaders are shifting their focus from overcoming organizational and cultural barriers to releasing high-quality applications at high speed and using specialized tools to do so.
This report explores our respondents’ DevOps initiatives and reveals:
- A large jump in DevOps adoption since 2017 survey results
- Increased pressure to release software at a faster pace is driving DevOps adoption
- High percentages of respondents are realizing improved performance as the result of implementing DevOps
- The most popular tools and products used by DevOps teams
Download State of DevOps Report
State of AI
AI technologies enable computers to perform tasks that human beings have traditionally been better at doing than machines are. In recent years, AI has advanced rapidly, and enterprises are becoming interested in the technology. Download this report to explore:
- The adoption rate of AI, machine learning, and cognitive initiatives
- Organizations' spending plans
- AI capabilities organizations plan to implement in the next two years
- Major obstacles to AI adoption
IT Salary Survey
Download the Interop and InformationWeek Salary Survey report which revealed that pay for tech management and staff is high and rising, and most respondents reported good benefits and challenging work. The survey highlighted some important differences between the experiences of managers and staffers, as well as some noteworthy trends that will shape the future of IT, for instance, median salaries increased by $5,000 for both managers and staff, but men earn about $20,000 more than women in IT.
Other report highlights include:
- A majority of respondents are satisfied or very satisfied with their jobs and feel secure in their IT career path
- Managers are looking to be professionally challenged, while staffers’ top priority is solid pay and benefits
- More than half of tech workers received company-paid training last year
- IT pros see the outsourcing of IT operations as a threat to their jobs
State of IT
In today's technology-driven world, "innovation" has become a basic expectation. IT leaders are tasked with making technical magic, improving customer experience, and boosting the bottom line -- yet often without any increase to the IT budget. How are organizations striking the balance between new initiatives and cost control? Download our report to learn about the biggest challenges and how savvy IT executives are overcoming them. Find out more about:
- How IT organizations are executing on innovation
- The most important IT initiatives on the agenda today
- The technologies with the biggest potential for positive business impact
- The skills IT professionals need to survive and thrive
State of Data Analytics
Data-driven decision making and analytics technology is revolutionizing the way companies do business. Is your company differentiating itself with data, or falling behind? Download our report to find out how your peers are faring with analytics, learn about their most successful use cases, and discover the biggest challenges – not only managing in data itself, but with people, processes, technology, and culture. In addition, get real-world insights on:
- The top drivers and barriers to data analytics adoption
- The biggest success stories for analytics so far
- Top investments companies are making in data analytics tools and platforms
- How the cloud factors into data analytics initiatives
State of DevOps
Are you ready to dive into DevOps? According to our survey, a larger majority of IT organizations are implementing or plan to implement DevOps within the next two years. Download the report to find out how and why your peers are taking the plunge, what their priorities are, and how they're measuring success. In addition, you'll learn:
- The top drivers and barriers to DevOps adoption
- How using DevOps is affecting enterprise software quality and time to market
- The top tools and products for enterprises usage and investments
State of Cloud
As the use of public cloud becomes a given, IT leaders must navigate the transition and advocate for management tools or architectures that allow them to realize the benefits they seek. Download this report to explore the issues and how to best leverage the cloud moving forward. Also in this report:
- The death of "virtualization=cloud": Learn why a collection of virtual machines no longer qualifies as a real cloud implementation
- Cloud management: What tools are users implementing and how well do they meet their needs?
- The future of cloud: Find out about serverless computing and functions-as-a-service, the hottest new trends in cloud