We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming virtual/online environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Informa’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa representatives will be final.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Be mindful of your online presence and those of your fellow participants. Contact our Operations Manager Elizabeth (Liz) Frias if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
It's difficult for us to imagine every scenario, so we ask that we all use common sense when evaluating unacceptable behavior.
- Unacceptable behaviors include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendee of the event and related event activities.
- Harassment includes offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing materials, photography, or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, is provocative, or is otherwise potentially offensive.
- Participating in any physical, written, verbal, or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking or spamming, against any person, that in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Interop and its show management, in their sole discretion.
- Participating in any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials, or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. Informa does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the venue.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Interop staff.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
We expect all conference participants—event staff, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, attendees, media, volunteers, and other guests—to abide by this code of conduct during all programs related to Interop Digital (social or otherwise).
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund. Breaches of this Code of Conduct may also result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement with Interop.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Informa’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.